36Way Single Row Pin-Headers
36Way Single Row Pin-Headers .Easily cut down to make smaller headers and easily stackable to make multi row headers.
- Single row PCB header plug
- Gold plated PCB header on a 2.54mm pitch
- 5A current rating
A pin header is a form of electrical connector.
36-way single-row pin, with 2.54mm spacing. They are suitable for Breakout Boards, as well as for programming applications, wire-wrapping, and connector applications.
The pin headers are compatible with other PCB interconnection systems that use jumper links.
This strip can easily be cut down to any length required.
- Insulator material: Glass filled polyester UL94VO.
- Contact material: Copper alloy, Gold plated.
- Contact rating: 3A.
Although female header pins come in many pin numbers, sometime it is desirable to manually reduce the pin length.
Male headers can easily be broken (cut) without much complications. However, female headers require some care when reducing the pin length.
The following outlines the steps to break a female header.
- Pull the pin out with needle nose pliers.
- Option A) With a knife cut along where the pin used to be Use a straight edge to guide the cut. Option B) With cutting pliers snap the plastic. Use pliers that are longer than the header so that only a single cut is required.
- Use fine grit sandpaper to smooth the rough edge.
It is important to note that during this process at least one pin will be lost.
Therefore, if starting with a female header of pin number X, and wanting to reduce it to a smaller pin number Y, then the Y+1 pin should be pulled out. This will leave behind a header of pin length Y.
Furthermore, single row female headers are easier to break (cut), the above procedure can be extended to double row female headers.